Confidence Tip #1 – Purposeful and – UGH – my mistakes
Confidence Tip #1 – Purposeful
Ever notice that rushing ends up taking even more time? I don’t know about you, but when I rush, I make more mistakes: I drop things, I crack my phone screen, I stumble over my words. Or (and this is my mother’s favorite) I’m so distracted that I don’t finish my
Plus, when I rush, my writing requires more, editng (erghhh) editing. Then, I begin to lose my confidence.
Here’s the key:
Moving too quickly or without Purpose:
- Makes you come across as quirky, nervous and flustered
- Erodes your credibility, since you’ll appear anxious and insecure
- Leaves you feeling panicked, stressed, and overwhelmed – which makes you trip all the more
Most cars have 5 or 6 gears. If you have the curse – excuse me, I mean gift – of a solid work ethic like me, you’re tempted to keep your engine in 5th or 6th gear throughout the day: Running to meetings, driving quickly to pick up the kids, rushing to make dinner…
Confidence tip: Try to move in 2nd gear. This may be a major stretch for you. As you walk down the hall, sign into your computer, walk to your car, wash the dishes – try doing these slowly – with Purpose.
When you are conscious and purposeful in your movements – when you slow down – this transforms the way you look – and it transforms the way you feel.
- You look poised, dignified, and in control
- You feel calm, centered, and dignified
- You make less mistakes (see? I did it)
Most people – maybe even you deep down – don’t believe they have a right to take your time. But, you do. You have the right to take your time.
1 Minute Confidence Challenge (c’mon…if you don’t do it now, you know you’ll never do it): Set your timer for 1 minute (I’m going easy on you). Now: try to do all tasks within this one minute in 2nd gear: Slooooowly.
How did it feel?
I hate to break it to you, but everyone notices whether you act with purpose or not. And, when you rush you lose dignity. So, be Purposeful. You’ll look confident, and you’ll feel more confident, too. Plus, you’ll get more done, and your hair will stay in place (now THAT’S a confidence booster).
Invest in Yourself. After all, you bring yourself wherever you go.
Dan + Sioux
p.s. You can get personalized feedback about how YOU come across. In a safe atmosphere, we’ll help you identify and clear away your insecurity ‘tells’ (we all have them). Then, you’ll practice simple tools to look – and truly feel – commanding and confident, despite fear or circumstance. It’s immensely empowering. Huge ROI – many employers reimburse.
2 options to receive The Executive Presence Training
Option 1: SINGLE SEATS
Save up to $500 with Early Registration and Bring-A-Friend Discounts
- Only 12 seats – RESERVE YOUR SEAT NOW (single-seat options are rare)
- Live Facilitation via Zoom with CoFounders Dan + Sioux, the same facilitators who’ve powered up leaders from Google, Facebook, HP and more
- 90% interactive
- Personalized feedback for each participant
- 17 SHRM + HRCI Credits
- Reviews | Course Content
- Exciting and Empowering
- Many employers reimburse
- November 16, 18, 20 – 2020: Early Reg discount by 10/31/20
- February 8, 10, 12 – 2021: Early Reg discount by 12/15/20
- May 10, 12, 14 – 2021: Early Reg discount by 2/10/2021
Option 2: Group Training
Save up to $8000 by booking your event before November 30, 2020 (your event can take place later)
- Live Facilitation via Zoom with CoFounders Dan + Sioux, the same facilitators who’ve powered up leaders from Google, Facebook, HP and more.
- Reviews | Course Content
- 90% interactive! HUGE ROI. Immensely team building.
- Young Adults Confidence Course: December 28 + 29, 2020 (via Zoom); Only 10 seats. HOLIDAY. GIFT. EVER.
- Experiential eLearning – Same content (The Executive Presence Training) through our patented, revolutionary interactive eLearning experience. 2+ Month Experience. Learn, Practice + Apply to Real Workplace Scenarios. Affordable + Scalable. Coming soon in 2021. Stay tuned!
Want more Confidence Tips? Sign up for the Confidence Tips Newsletter (on our contact form).