Managers Training Program and Emerging Leadership Program
Our CoFounders’ clients include leaders from these organizations, and more.
Gold Standard Leadership Trainings
Managers’ Training Program and Emerging Leadership Program
Build a managers’ training program for your existing leaders or offer these essential management training courses as an emerging leadership program for your high-potential employees. Though we’ve authored over 50 advanced leadership courses, these are the Gold Standard Leadership Training skills that we carefully chosen since they are essential for all existing and emerging leaders.
Leadership Course Descriptions | Gold Standard Management Trainings
After decades of facilitating leadership training for some of the world’s preeminent organizations, we’ve hand-selected these Gold Standard Management Courses. Companies with the best management training programs enjoy higher performing leaders and lower turnover.
Coaching & Counseling Your Employees: Corrective Action
- 4.0 – 7.5 hours
- This crucial and highly-interactive leadership experience coaches your leaders in the practical steps to understand when and how to coach, counsel and document interactions with their employees. These fundamental skills guide necessary disciplinary conversations as well as coaching conversations designed to help employees achieve goals. Highly interactive and use of customized role plays. Coaching and counseling skills help to create trust between employees and senior management and ensure a productive and aligned workforce. A crucial leadership development training component.
- Importance of documentation and managing employee resistance
- Methodology for growing employees’ skills and career paths
- Practical 4-step formula to coach employees
- Role play coaching employees using custom scenarios and our 4-step formula
- Practice writing up employees using your company forms
- Role-playing delivering write up to employee
- Role-playing terminating an employee
- 4 -8 hours (8 hours allows for a deeper immersion)
- By creating a safe environment, this essential Unconscious Bias training helps your employees examine their biases toward others. Without blame, we explain that everyone has unconscious biases – and that the least racist/homophobic/chauvinistic/etc. people are those who examine their unconscious biases. Huge benefits for your organization can follow, including greater morale, higher employee engagement, lower turnover and less employee discrimination litigation. This course is enormously interactive.
- Exploring biases, including affinity and confirmation biases.
- Personal exploration into currently held biases.
- Tools for examining one’s beliefs on an ongoing basis.
- Personal action plans.
- Company action plans and commitments (if desired).
- 2 hours
- This special Time Management training helps employees examine their unconscious habits for managing their time. Condensed into two hours, this powerful training packs in the essentials. Employees come out breathing huge sighs of relief as they re-wire their thinking on how to approach their daily and long-term tasks. Can improve productivity, and reduce burnout and negativity. This is an excellent training for new managers and seasoned managers alike.
- How to prioritize tasks
- How to ensure your primary tasks get completed
- How to manage others’ expectations
- Additional tips and techniques
- 4 Hours
- Led by a Certified DiSC Trainer, the DiSC model is a non-blaming behavior-style indicator that creates understanding and team insights – gently. The DiSC is widely used because of its simplicity and effectiveness. DiSC will help each employee identify and appreciate the personality styles, dominant strengths – and the strengths/challenges of his/her coworkers. Each will also learn ways to develop their own strengths and work through their own challenges. The DiSC model is inherently team building – and interesting! The DiSC system becomes a lasting foundation for compassionate and effective interpersonal understanding among employees for years to come. We highly recommend that each participant complete the DiSC Classic 2.0 Profile prior. Since this course is inherently team building, a detailed description can be found on our Team Building page.
- 2.5 – 4.0 hours
- Increased accountability results in higher productivity and personal satisfaction. This leadership development training addresses the often unexpressed frustration with lagging accountability. It helps employees increase their own accountability through a variety of in-depth tools, thought-techniques, and practical exercises. Each participant will learn how to take responsibility for external events in ways that are usually far beyond what they had previously understood. This course is imperative for your management development training program as well as for your emerging leadership program.
- Ramifications of not being accountable as a leader
- Gaining deeper understanding of why we are not always accountable
- Increasing accountability through a variety of Thinking Habits of Top Performers
- Roleplay various techniques to deal with real-life scenarios.
- Letting go of blame and taking ownership
- Taking ownership for our teams’ mistakes
- Taking ownership before someone notices your error
- 3 hours
- Unique and Effective: One of the most difficult challenges for any leader is to support their staff’s needs and concerns while also supporting the policies, procedures, and direction of senior management. Often a manager will be either compassionate with their employees (and join a gripe session against senior management), or the manager will so fiercely support upper management that s/he will lack empathy (and therefore credibility) with their staff. This leadership development training helps leaders learn how to support both teams, therefore decreasing divisions within the company and the “Us vs. Them” mentality that destroys organizations. This course is an essential part of any managers’ training program.
- 2 hours
- This management development training provides leaders with simple yet pivotal skills to effectively weed out toxic applicants, and leads to stronger organizations and reduced turnover costs. It costs a company enormous revenue each time an employee is hired (due to lost productivity when the position is open, train-up time, advertising costs, time spent interviewing, etc.). Most importantly, effective behavioral interviews are key to deciding whether a potential employee will either complement or poison a team.
- How to formulate interview questions to get the most thorough and relevant information from applicants
- Questions to avoid (marital status, children, etc.) to ensure legal compliance
- How to extract additional information interviewees to make sure you’re not hiring a bad apple
- 4 hours
- This leadership and management training is the foundation for a culture of high engagement. Associates learn how to give and receive feedback as well as how to address critical issues. This training helps associates transform potential conflicts into creative opportunities that build a sense of mutual partnership rather than a win-lose outcome. Essential for improving productivity and reducing HR costs. This course is a great training both for new managers and seasoned leaders.
- Components – Highly Interactive:
- Understand and practice the Key of Communication
- Role play active listening using increasingly challenging scenarios
- Role play how to give feedback using a 2-step formula
- Learn a simple way to reduce defensiveness using a 4-step formula to bring up your own concerns with others
- Learn the difference between feedback and criticism
- 1.5 hours
- Are your leaders feeling overworked and burnt out? This management training and development course is hugely supportive. Leaders love it. We’ll explore
- Common reasons leaders don’t delegate
- Benefits to both employees and leaders
- Best methods for delegation
Participants will leave with a concrete plan for delegating current tasks among their teams. Support your leaders with superior management training.
- 2.5 hours
- Harassment can cost a company dearly: legal hassles, money, damage to your organization’s reputation and culture, and retention. Make sure your management staff knows how to handle all areas of possible harassment.
- Harassment laws can be confusing when issues are not black and white. By creating a safe environment, this essential training helps your management team understand how to approach grey areas involving employees.
- Management staff will leave the training knowing:
- How to handle harassment-related situations among their employees.
- How and when to respond to various complaints.
- The implications to the company and themselves if they fail to act appropriately
- Extremely interactive, this management development training incorporates various skits and scenarios to flush out the areas of harassment that can be confusing to managers.
- Before the training, we research your state’s unique harassment laws.
- 2.0 hours
- This is a moving and surprisingly complex training. Participants will examine both the theoretical and practical aspects of care, and reflect on the very real ways that your organization can cultivate a greater and genuine sense of caring.
- Participants will leave with a concrete plan for cultivating care in their immediate work environment and realize the positive benefits gained from the experience of caring for others. Join other companies with the best management training programs by providing supportive management trainings like these for your leaders.
A LA CARTE SYSTEM: Build Your Own Training Day
Select a training menu below – or build your own training day ‘a la carte’ (8 hours/day including breaks).
Learning by Doing is our instructional credo. Find out why we receive top reviews like these.
Fyi: The top rated Executive Presence Training is available only as a full 2-3 day experience (onsite or virtual)
Questions? Contact Us.
A LA CARTE
Build your own training days (up to 8 hours/day). These are just sample menus.
Choose from any of our course offerings.
PRICING FOR ALL OPTIONS:
We have a flat daily rate. Easy. You’ll love it.
Get a Quick Quote.
PRICING FOR ALL OPTIONS:
We have a flat daily rate. Easy. You’ll love it.
Get a Quick Quote.
Includes the Award-Winning Executive Presence Training
The Executive Presence Training
- Voted #1 Executive Presence Training – Globally – by HR.com
- MUST SEE reviews from top and emerging leaders from Google, Facebook, JP Morgan Chase, Doctors Without Borders and many more.
- Creates confident, powerful, relational leaders who create buy-in with new customers, employees and key stakeholders.
- 2-Days. Hugely Team building.
Advanced Leadership Training:
The Radical Business Challenge
Prerequisite: The Executive Presence Training
What is it?
Skill anchoring opportunity that offers your company huge ROI
- Participants apply their Executive Presence to current work challenges: they take a basic account/project/etc. and make it bigger, bolder and wildly successful
- Our facilitators guide participants in applying the tools of Power, Connection to Self, and Connection to Others to chosen goals (goals approved by your leader team)
- Additional transformational tools taught
- 5 half-day sessions over the course of 10-12 months
- Looking for high performance management training? This is it.
- Continued and deeper transformation of each leader
- A profound connection and bond between co-workers based on authenticity and growth
- A culture of continuous learning and direct, respectful feedback
- Companies report off-the-chart ROI because each participant:
– Continues to go past their self-limiting thoughts to access greater levels of power, creativity, confidence, and success than they had previously known
– Learns to overcome their most difficult professional challenges
– Becomes a much more powerful and connected leader