FAQs for the Youth Empowerment Workshop
- This workshop is for everyone, including those with a fair level of confidence. Decent self-esteem doesn’t necessarily translate into skills for communicating our gifts with others. And, if others don’t perceive you as credible and confident as you feel, you’ll likely become overlooked, stalled – and frustrated. Many powerful, accomplished people report huge benefits from this workshop. So many adults say, “I wish I had learned this earlier!” You’re in the right place.
- That said, other participants describe themselves as having low or zero confidence. That’s okay, too. You simply haven’t been taught the tools yet. You deserve to look and feel confident, and get respect; it’s your birthright. You’re also in the right place.
- Truth be told: everyone arrives a bit nervous (even our adult participants) but, due to the confidence tools we’re going to teach you, this passes quickly for most people! You’ll have a ‘buddy’, we’ll have fun, and everyone is treated equally with respect and care. We insist on it, and you’ll feel at home. Don’t you think it’s time to bite the bullet and learn these skills now so you don’t have to carry around worry about how others perceive you? It’s worth it!
The ability to radiate, without words, credibility, power and confidence can be learned, and have enormous positive life-long implications.
- From time to time we offer special open-enrollment (single seat purchase) confidence workshops for teens and young adults. Check out www.ConfidentPowerfulYouth.com to see if a training is on the schedule. If so, we recommend that you reserve a seat soon as seats are very limited (only 16 seats per workshop, offered worldwide).
- Delivery Method: These are LIVE VIRTUAL trainings – and very interactive!
- In addition, we offer young adult and teen confidence trainings to pre-formed groups (schools, faith groups, clubs, 501c3 Non-Profits). These groups contact us
- Delivery Method: Either LIVE VIRTUAL or Onsite at your location following our COVID-Safe Guidelines when indicated.
Do you or your group need help finding funds? Payment Options:
- Sponsors: A group of parents (and/or youth) can find 1 sponsor to pay for the workshop, 4 local sponsors to each pay 25% of the entire workshop fee – or 10 sponsors to each pay 10%, etc. For great ideas, see our Sponsor web page and share it with potential sponsors.
- Employee Reimbursement: Is your teenager or young adult employed? Employer reimbursement may apply. Ask the employer.
- Of course, there’s always Private pay: An organization pays a set fee (if desired, the organization can ask each family to reimburse for their child’s or relative’s seat). This option works well when a pre-established group (like a graduation commencement committee, faith group, school or club) can easily get the word out and offer individual seats to its community.
We’re happy to provide special accommodations as long as we have at least three weeks notice (so that we can make sure we can provide the accommodations you require). Please note any special needs on your registration form, and describe a satisfactory accommodation arrangement in as much detail as possible.
- Lunch breaks usually begin about half way through our workshops.
- During these working lunches, you will be paired with a buddy for an enjoyable learning activity.
- Please inform your family, workplace and associates that you will not be available to attend to business or personal matters (except in the case of emergency) during the lunch hour or breaks. Don’t worry – this is fun!
Be yourself! There are no hard and fast rules here.
That said, if you’re entering the workforce, or preparing for interviews or high-stake conversations:
A general rule for those seeking to influence is to dress to where you want to go; for most of us, this means dressing one step up in formality. Some people plan their outfits in advance as a way of lowering pre-workshop stress while maximizing the benefits of experimenting with different looks (you can ask peers and the facilitators for feedback).
Ultimately, we want you to be comfortable, so please find a solution that serves you best.
Either – and often both – of the company founders will lead the workshop. This means there will usually be both one male and one female instructor. Both founders over 20 years of individual instructional experience. See instructor bios.
- Minimum: We’ve found that peer support and feedback enriches the learning experience. Each participant learns a lot by watching what others do well (and not so well) and therefore we recommend a minimum of 4 people per training.
- Maximum: This training is highly effective, in part because we limit the training from 12-16 participants. Therefore, each receives an enormous amount of solo attention, peer support and instructor feedback, all effective in removing personal insecurity-indicators and building a confident presence based upon one’s authentic and unique personality.
- The price includes: Multi-hour training, participant workbooks – and tools that – with practice – can last a lifetime.
Young adults and teens 15 – 20 years old are warmly welcome (some age exceptions are made – just ask).
Those 21 years and older may join the young adult course – or they might consider our adult confidence course.
All genders and gender identifications are warmly welcome! Power for Everyone.
Groups can be formed as mixed-gender or solo-gender.
You bet. It seems that almost everyone arrives a bit nervous (even C-Suite business leaders), so there’s no need to hide it. This nervousness typically passes after about 15-30 minutes. Some of our most transformed participants are those who hemmed and hawed about canceling up to the very last minute (and are now so grateful that they didn’t cancel).
We are fully committed to providing a safe and supportive atmosphere; this is because an accepting atmosphere allows for deep, meaningful and lasting learning, and this is what we intend to leave you with. Many of our services involve laughter and maybe a tear or two, both hallmarks of truly transformational trainings. If you (or your child, if a parent is reading this) have any potentially serious issues with anxiety and/or are under the care of a mental health or medical provider, get clearance from the professionals that you know best.
Then, describe in detail your condition and outline acceptable accommodations on our workshop registration form. First and foremost, you should share our materials with treating medical providers and follow their advice. You may contact us at any time about this.
Cream of the Crop Leaders’ federal tax I.D. number is 35-2495030 (COTC Inc.).
Youth Confidence Workshop – 2 Delivery Methods:
- LIVE Virtual Facilitation
- Onsite at Your Location